A Polymer Electrolyte Membrane (PEM) Electrolyser uses a very thin proton-permeable membrane (<1mm). When a direct current is applied across the membrane water molecules are separated into hydrogen and oxygen gas.
Some of the advantages of our solution:
- Adapts to inherent intermittency of renewable energies
- Capable of managing grid fluctuations
- Modular design –easy maintenance, no handling of hazardous substances
- Compact design.
- As well as providing a locally fabricate Electrolyser we also provide support staff to provide maintenance through the life of the Electrolyser.
- Stack Service Life>60,000hrs
We have experience providing bespoke designs, so we can provide an electrolyser based on our existing design or we can provide a custom solution. HIFraser can also offer our customers on-going maintenance and support service.